Orange, green, striped, speckled, small, big, long, flattened … have fun learning about the amazing Cucurbitaceae family when you enter our pumpkin-decorating contest. Turn your pumpkin into a witch, a funny character, an animal … Let your imagination run wild!
Bring your masterpiece to Multipurpose Room 1, behind the Horticultural Information Desk at the Botanical Garden Reception Centre, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on October 6 to 12 and between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. on October 13 to 15.
The masterpieces will be on display in the Main Exhibition Greenhouse until October 31.
The winners will be announced at the award ceremony, at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 21.
Contest closing date: October 15 at 7 p.m.
Keeping your pumpkin in good shape
- Choose a firm pumpkin, with no blemishes, and make sure the stem is firmly attached.
- First wash your pumpkin under running water.
- Store your pumpkin in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place, protected from frost.
Some decorating tips
- Use acrylic paint if you wish to paint your pumpkin.
- To engrave or carve designs into your pumpkin, use a knife for cutting leather. Never puncture your pumpkin.
- Use a glue gun and straight pins to attach decorations to your pumpkin.
View contest page