Blooms of the week
Week of November 20, 2017
Week of November 20, 2017Week of November 13, 2017Week of November 6, 2017Week of October 30, 2017Week of October 23, 2017Week of October 16, 2017Week of October 9, 2017Week of October 2, 2017Week of September 25, 2017Week of September 18, 2017Week of September 11, 2017Week of September 4, 2017Week of August 28, 2017Week of August 21, 2017Week of August 14, 2017Week of August 7, 2017
- Insectivorous plants (in the terrarium)
- Flowers: red ginger, coral plant, wax plant, blue ginger, heliconias, pineapple ginger, etc.
- Screw pine fruits
- Flowers: Bromeliads, orchids, lollypop plant, firecracker flower, pseuderanthemum and more.
- Colourful leafs carpet the ground and Spanish moss serves as a backdrop.
- Fruits: citrus fruits, akee, banana tree, starfruit tree, papaya, coffee tree, macadamian nut tree, strawberry guava and jackfruit tree.
- Flowers: cacao tree, soursop tree
- Spectacularly shaped and coloured orchids; a natural masterpiece!
- Some aroids are also in bloom, such as tailflowers and peace lilies.
- Staghorn ferns
- Tree ferns
- Beautiful plant walls
- Foliage of various shapes, textures and colours.
- Colourful blooms: magic flower, basket plant, begonias, tree gloxinia, medinilla, goldfish plant, passion flower, rhytidophyllum, temple bells, Cape primrose, etc.
- Beautiful plant walls.
- Pitchers of the tropical pitcher plant.
- Over 80-year-old elephant foot trees (next to the doors of the Hacienda).
- Fruits: pitaya, pricklypear, Barbados gooseberry and cudjoewood
- Flowers: aloe, crown of thorns
- Old man of Mexico and his “wool” coat
- In the window: strange living stones, caudiciform plants
- Ceropegia or hearts-on-a-string in bloom.
- Beautiful penjings (miniaturized trees in pots) like ginkgo and maple trees.
The Main Exhibition Greenhouse will reopen in February 2018 with Butterflies Go Free.