Frequently asked questions fo Gardens of Light
Purchase and refund
Gardens of Light Tour
Purchase and refund
1. Is it possible to buy a ticket for the Jardin botanique (in the daytime) before the Gardens of Light event (in the evening)?
The tickets for Gardens of Light give you all-day access to the Jardin botanique and Insectarium. The Gardens of Light visit must, however, be made at the time indicated on your tickets.
2. Is it mandatory to purchase advance tickets for Gardens of Light, or can I get them onsite?
You can purchase your tickets onsite. However, we strongly recommend you book your tickets online to reserve the date and time of your visit.
3. Can I purchase tickets onsite with my mobile phone?
You can access Space for Life online ticketing with your mobile phone at any time. However, if you leave your purchase too late, you risk not getting the time you want or not getting tickets at all if they’re sold out that evening.
4. What happens in case of bad weather?
The Gardens of Light visit is still available when it rains. Bring clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions. In case of major adverse conditions, the site will close for the safety of employees and visitors, who will be able to schedule their visit for another date and time.
5. If I cannot make it on the scheduled date, can I use my tickets at a later date?
The Gardens of Light visit is comparable to a movie or theatre ticket. If you cannot make it on the scheduled date, we cannot reimburse you or change your reservation.
6. How do I book a group reservation?
Contact our reservations department at 514 868-3000, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any group reservation of 15 people or more.
7. I have a guest pass/voucher for the Jardin botanique. Is it valid for Gardens of Light?
If your ticket doesn’t mention any exclusion for the Gardens of Light event, go to a Space for Life ticket office to exchange it for a Gardens of Light ticket with a scheduled time slot. Arrive early, because leaving ticket purchases to the last minute means you may not be able to get your desired visit date and time.
8. How can I get the discount offered to Accès Montréal cardholders?
Since the Accès Montréal card isn’t computerized yet, it is currently not possible to purchase discounted tickets online. You should come in advance to one of the Space for Life ticket offices to buy your scheduled time-slot tickets for Gardens of Light.
9. I’m a member of a friends society. How do I get a ticket for the Gardens of Light circuit?
If you belong to one of the following friends societies – Friends of the Montréal Botanical Garden, Friends of the Montréal Biodôme, Les Cercles des jeunes naturalistes, Friends of the Montréal Insectarium, The Japanese Garden Foundation of Montréal, Montréal Chinese Gardens Society, Société de bonsaï et de penjing de Montréal, Les amis du Cercle des mycologues, Société des Saintpaulia de Montréal – you must reserve your ticket for a date and time set by the online box office, using the “Sociétés Amies” rate. Additionally, you will have to present your membership card, as specified by your ticket.
10. What is the closest STM Metro station?
The Pie-IX Metro station is an approximate 5-minute walk from the entrance to the Jardin botanique.
11. Where is the nearest parking?
We cannot guarantee the availability of parking space near the Gardens of Light. The following parking lots are within walking distance:
4101 Sherbrooke East / Jardin botanique (P1, 326 places, $12 for the day)
4581 Sherbrooke East / Insectarium (P2, 265 places, $12 for the day)
4200 Sherbrooke East / Olympic Park (P4, 552 places, $20 for the day. Open only Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday October 7.)
12. Where can I access the Gardens of Light?
Access through the Insectarium entrance also allows you to reach the Gardens of Light path.
13. What happens if I arrive late?
Please see a member of our staff at the entrance to the site. We will try to fit you in with another group of visitors later on if places are still available.
14. Is it possible to arrive earlier than the time indicated on the Gardens of Light ticket?
We advise you to show up about 30 minutes early in order to find parking, present your tickets at the entrance to the site and make your way to the Gardens of Light circuit starting point (statue of the Rose Garden Lion).
Unfortunately, we cannot move your visit to the Gardens of Light circuit forward. You may nevertheless enter the Jardin botanique site and visit the greenhouses, the other outdoor gardens and the Insectarium.
15. My reservation is for a number of people. Must we all arrive at the same time?
Yes. The purchase of multiple tickets online means that you must all access the paid Jardin botanique site at the same time.
Gardens of Light Tour
16. How long is the Gardens of Light circuit?
The full Gardens of Light circuit takes you through three cultural gardens (Chinese Garden, First Nations Garden and Japanese Garden), for a total of 2.5 km. If you wish, you can exit the path at various areas, though you will be unable to re-enter the path.
17. Is this activity appropriate for children and persons with reduced mobility?
The Gardens of Light path is accessible to all. However, we recommend baby carriers instead of strollers to get around more easily on the site.
18. Can I do the Gardens of Light circuit several times with the same ticket?
The scheduled time-slot ticket for the Gardens of Light event gives you a single access to the site; however, there is no time limit for completing your visit.
19. What happens if I’m already in one of the three Gardens of Light paths at the end of the day?
The Chinese Garden, First Nations Garden and Japanese Garden will be cleared of visitors every day prior to the start of the Gardens of Light event. You will be unable to stay onsite. Access to the illuminated path will be controlled and reserved for Gardens of Light ticket holders.
20. Are there washrooms along the Garden of Light path?
Washrooms are available throughout the circuit (Chinese Garden, First Nations Garden, Japanese Garden).
21. Are pets allowed on the site?
Dogs and other pets are not allowed on Garden property, with the exception of service dogs and guide dogs, which may accompany their owners everywhere. Fostered guide dogs are allowed only on the access road. Proof of the dog’s status may be required.
22. Can I take pictures or videos?
Absolutely! Tripods, however, are not allowed along the Gardens of Light path. Don’t hesitate to share your photos on social media. #GardensOfLight
Commercial and professional photography sessions (artistic or other component), on the other hand, are not permitted at Space for Life.
23. Is it possible to eat onsite?
Food is offered onsite at the Jardin botanique in the evening.