B.Sc. General Biology, 1991
Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR)
Ph.D. Oceanography, 1998
- Adjunct Professor, UQAR
- Member of the BORÉAS Nordic research group
- Member of IPSFAD, AAC, RAQ
- Read her articles on our blog
Research interests and expertise
- Ecophysiology of sentinel fish species in northern environments (Salmonidae, Anarhichadidae, Gadidae).
- Species diversification/selection.
- Effects of different oxygen concentrations on the growth and physiological condition of spotted wolffish (Anarhichas minor) (in collaboration with DFO).
- Effects of density on growth and stress levels of spotted wolffish (A. minor) (in collaboration with UQAR/ U Bergen, Norway, and UNB).
- Comparison of stress responses among Atlantic wolffish, spotted wolffish and hybrids (Coll. NEAq)
- Production and viability of the Anarhichas minor × A. lupus hybrid: applications in aquaculture and conservation; growth and mitochondrial functionality (in collaboration with UQAR/Nofima A/S, Norway).
- Characterization of the synthesis of antifreeze proteins in parental species and reciprocal hybrids of Anarhichas minor and A. lupus (in collaboration with MUN).
- Establishment of a growth curve for spotted wolfish in commercial conditions (in collaboration with MAPAQ, SODIM, DFO, Akvaplan-Niva and UQAR).
- Creation of a Quebec research program targeting aquaculture and the conservation of lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) (NSERC, ACRDP, IPSFAD) (Coll. U Laval, UNB)