Nature’s Winners, a celebration of insects!
The Montreal Insectarium invites you to discover one thousand and one secrets of the universe of insects, by way of the travelling exhibition Nature’s Winners.
This exhibition sensitizes visitors to the multiple links between insects and their environment as well, it shares the stunning diversity of shapes and colors, and the multiple adaptations present in these fascinating creatures. The strange world of insects is a never-ending source of curiosity and fascination. Insects are unique success story in the animal world.
The modules of the exhibition present many preserved and live specimens native to Canada and other countries.
The nine exhibition modules present live and mounted specimens, ranging from the familiar to the exotic. Short bilingual descriptions provide details on each specimen.
- 1 free-standing title column (2.15 m x 71 cm)
- 3 free-standing triangular sign columns (2.15 m x 71 cm)
- 5 single-level glass display cases containing mounted specimens (88 x 71 x 71 cm)
- 4 vivariums on modular bases, containing insects or other arthropods (the choice of species depends on their availability)
- Laminated photographs (various subjects and sizes available)
- Exhibition poster
- Press release
- 40 m2 or 430 sq.ft
- Exhibition rental fee: $3,000 (6-week period)
- Transportation fee: Paid by host institution, varies with location
- The exhibition material is evaluated at $75,000 and insurance is paid for by the host institution
Reservations and information
Noémie La rue Lapierre, director of Friends of the Insectarium
Friends of the Insectarium
4581 Sherbrooke St. East
Montréal, Québec H1X 2B2
Phone: 514 872-7097
Fax : 514 872-0662