In making such a project a reality, Space for Life was able to count on professionals who share the same desire to surpass themselves.
Design of the first show for the multimedia theatre
Artistic direction for the astronomy theatre, exhibition space and lobby
- Michel Lemieux and Victor Pilon
Design of the first permanent exhibition
- Laurent-Michel Tremblay Scénographe inc.
- Winning team and partners
- Cardin + Ramirez + Julien & Associés architectes
- Ædifica, SNC Lavalin, Dupras Ledoux ingénieurs, Fauteux et Associés Architectes Paysagistes, Go multimédia
- Two-phase competition of international scope
- First phase in the competition: selection of 5 finalists from plans submitted anonymously
- Second phase: selection of the winning team
- 61 firms submitted proposals in the first phase
Public call for tenders
- General construction contractor: Groupe Décarel inc.
- Supplier of specialized equipment: Sky Skan Inc.
The Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium project, designed by Cardin, Ramirez, Julien & Aedifica, SNC Lavalin et Dupras-Ledoux Ingénieurs, was made possible thanks to the collaboration of our partners:
- Olympic Park
- City of Montréal
- Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie
- Secrétariat à la Région Métropolitaine
- Ministère de la Culture et des Communications
- Canada Economic Development
- Rio Tinto Alcan
- Space for Life Foundation