The Insectarium is known for its expertise in entomology. These scientific collections of naturalized specimens, which are of high quality and great significance, are an indispensable tool for:
- Knowing, naming and classifying existing species (as well as conserving type specimens and making them accessible)
- Studying the evolution of species
- Determining biogeographic distribution (voucher specimens)
- Understanding the ecological role of species (voucher specimens)
- Understanding biodiversity
These collections are valuable sources of information that help us better understand nature and how it is impacted by human activities.