Welcome to the amazing world of insects!
With over one million species discovered to date, insects are phenomenally successful. Why are there so many of them, in such a tremendous variety? Find out with this travelling exhibition, which presents over one hundred mounted insects from around the globe, intriguing live specimens and all kinds of stunning photographs. It’s a remarkable demonstration of insect biodiversity!
Insects are real superheroes. They’ve developed some terrific adaptations and strategies that allow them to live almost everywhere and to be incredibly effective at defending, feeding and reproducing themselves. From tiny, spectacularly shaped treehoppers to huge Hercules beetles with enormous horns, this is your chance to explore this little-known yet fascinating world from some new angles. You’ll meet some valuable allies essential to the Earth’s natural balance and see how important it is to preserve their biodiversity.
The exhibition is aimed especially at 9 to 12 year olds and their families. Prosco, a friendly and mischievous insect cartoon character, greets and guides them through this fabulous world.
- 1 free standing introductory panel
- 4 vivariums containing various live insects and other arthropods
- 2 double-sided vertical display cases and 3 free standing graphic panels (approx. 198 x 76 x 61 cm)
- 10 lighted display cases (87 x 71 x 71 cm)
- Various large-scale photographs of insects in their natural habitats
- Visitor activity script and self-guided tour brochure
- Exhibition poster
- Press release
- 70 m2 (750 sq.ft)
- Exhibition rental: $4,500 (for 6 weeks)
Reservations and information
Noémie La Rue Lapierre, director of Friends of the Insectarium
Friends of the Montréal Insectarium
4581 Sherbrooke Street East
Montréal QC H1X 2B2
Telephone: (514) 872-7097
Fax: (514) 872-0662