The design team
KANVA + NEUF architect(e)s, Bouthillette Parizeau + NCK
A renewed experience, re-thinking the deeper meaning of the ecosystems
The Migration project will revamp the Biodôme and its scenic design, in most areas accessible to the public, to offer an innovative, participatory, immersive experience. The architects compare the Biodôme to a living organism and their concept echoes notions of cellular biology. The cell, the basic building block of life, becomes a model for structuring and shaping the building blocks of nature – ecosystems. The design team is proposing to reorganize the spaces, open up the centre of the Biodôme, and offer bold, complementary experiences.
- A curved wall wraps around each ecosystem like a sensitive, delicate skin.
- A mezzanine with a lookout and new perspectives on all the ecosystems.
- The sub-Arctic region will become more immersive.
- The scenic design in some of the habitats will be redone, for a more immersive and moving visitor experience, appealing to the senses.
- A grandiose main lobby, opened up and reconfigured to suit the scale of the building.