The Presenter of the Day contest is being held by the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan, a division of Montreal Space for Life, located at 4801 Pierre-de-Coubertin, Montréal, H1V 3V4, from October 1 to October 20, 2019.
1. To be eligible to enter this contest, you must be:
- between 12 and 17 years old
- available on November 10 and 17, 2019 (time to be determined depending on the winners), for training sessions with the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan guides
- a resident of the province of Quebec
No purchase required.
To enter the contest:
Fill out the entry form on the Space for Life website (LINK TO SITE) by 11:59 p.m. on October 20, 2019, and answer the following three questions:
- Which is your favourite celestial object and why?
- If you could create a Planétarium exhibition on any topic related to astronomy, what would it be and why?
- If you could visit a planet in our Solar System, which would you choose and why?
One entry per person. Repeat entries will be automatically eliminated. Entries submitted to the website after 11:59 p.m. on October 20, 2019, will not be accepted.
2. Awarding of prizes
Once the entry period has ended, a jury composed of members from the Planétarium will review each answer and select four (4) contest winners.
The answers will be evaluated on creativity and on the ability to present an idea clearly, concisely, and accurately.
3. Detailed description of prizes
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be exchanged for cash.
The prize includes:
- Being paired with another winner to lead a 45-minute presentation (maximum) of the Night Sky show in the dome, at 12 p.m. or 3 p.m., on November 24, 2019.
- Two practice sessions with the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan guides on November 10 and 17, 2019. The time of the sessions will be determined depending on the winners’ availability.
- 20 Planétarium admission tickets for the Night Sky show on November 24, 2019, at either 12 p.m. or 3 p.m. (depending on the winner). These tickets are reserved exclusively for the winner’s family members and friends, are valid only on November 24, 2019, and cannot be exchanged, refunded or transferred. Tickets must be picked up at the Planétarium entrance on the day of the event.
- The prize has no monetary value.
The prize includes only what is specifically described above, and does not include:
- Transportation from the participants’ homes to the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan.
4. Location, date and time of the draw for the winning entries
Winners will be notified by 5 p.m. on October 28, 2019, by a jury representative of the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan.
5. Notification of winners
The Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan will notify the winners by email or telephone. The winners’ names will be posted on the Space for Life website.
6. Ineligibility for the contest
All salaried or contract employees of Montreal Space for Life and anyone living at the same address as these individuals are ineligible to enter this contest.
7. A dispute as to the organization or conduct of this promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux so that it may be resolved. A dispute as to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of intervening in an attempt to settle the matter.
8. The contest organizers (Space for Life) are not responsible for unreceived, illegible or incomplete entry forms. The winners release Montreal Space for Life from all liability for any damage or prejudice caused by the awarding or use of their prizes.
9. By entering the contest, the winners authorize, where necessary, the organizers to use their names and/or photographs, without any compensation, for advertising relating to the contest. Contest entrants are those individuals whose names and identifying information appear on an entry form.
10. This contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial legislation and municipal by‑laws.
11. By entering this contest, entrants accept these rules and agree to respect them.
12. The information requested is required to enter this contest, and will not be used for any other purpose. It will be retained by the Ville de Montréal until January 1, 2020, and will be accessible only to the contest organizers. This information will be handled in accordance with the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, subject to the provisions of Section 9 above.