NOTICE TO VISITORS
The Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens are open.
The Jardin botanique’s greenhouses, along with all the other indoor spaces of the Montréal Space for Life museums, are remaining closed because of COVID-19.
Overview of the situation:
In compliance with the regulations issued by the public health department, the Montréal Space for Life museums are remaining closed until further notice with the exception of the Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens.
As we look forward to welcoming you once again, we invite you to enjoy our content online.
- Free access to the outdoor gardens from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every day.
- No reservation required.
Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan
Temporarily closed for renovations. Reopening scheduled for 2021.
Health measures in place
We’ve put a number of health measures in place so that all our spaces comply rigorously with the protocol established by the public health department.
To help you properly prepare your visit in the current context, we ask you to take note of the following information.
In our concern to ensure a pleasant and safe visit for all, Space for Life appeals to everyone’s sense of civic responsibility and asks you not to visit the premises if:
- you have symptoms such as cough or fever.
- you have difficulty breathing.
- you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You will have to respect a distance of 2 meters from other people.
- The wearing of a face covering is mandatory indoors (for access to washrooms).
- Opening hours of the Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens are:every day: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Breathing in some fresh air at the Jardin botanique de Montréal is like going to a museum!
- Under the snow lie precious collections of plants and shrubs that should not be trampled on if you wish to admire them next summer. For these reasons, you are prohibited from :
- Snowshoeing or sliding;
- Touching plants or climbing trees;
- Walking a pet.
- Help us preserve this jewel by staying on the walking trails, cross-country ski trails or the paved path (for jogging).
If the snow has not been removed, it is not a walking trail!
- Stay on the walking trails.
- Snowshoeing is prohibited.
- Sliding is prohibited. The use of sleds is only allowed on the main trail.
- Climbing on rocks, works of art and buildings is prohibited.
- Tree climbing is prohibited.
- Pets are not welcomed at the Jardin botanique.
- Biking is prohibited.
- Do not venture out on the lakes.
Is wearing a face covering mandatory for visitors?
Wearing a face covering is obligatory for access to washrooms. We also ask visitors to respect the health guidelines in place and appeal to their sense of civic responsibility by asking them not to visit our premises if they have symptoms of cough or fever or if they’re having difficulty breathing.
Must I reserve my ticket for the Jardin botanique?
No, access to the outdoor gardens is free and does not need a reservation.
Is the Reception Centre open?
The Reception Centre is open only for access to washrooms. All other indoor spaces of the Jardin botanique are closed to the public.
Are the greenhouses open?
No, the greenhouses remain closed just like the other Montréal Space for Life indoor spaces.
Is the Jardin botanique library open?
No, the Jardin botanique library and slide library are currently closed to the public.
Are there accessible washrooms on site?
Washrooms are accessible at the Jardin botanique Reception Centre.
I have an Early Bird card for the Jardin botanique: can I currently enter the site in the morning?
Access to the Jardin botanique’s outdoor pathways will be free to everyone beginning at 7:30 a.m. each day. Holders of the Early Bird card will be able to have their subscription extended so that they enjoy access starting at 6:30 in the morning as soon as the health situation reverts to normal.
What activities can I carry out on the Jardin botanique’s outdoor site?
Walking, bird watching and cross-country skiing if snow cover allows. Please stay on the open pathways. Snowshoeing is prohibited everywhere in the Jardin botanique.
I bought a parking pass, but I haven’t used it. Is it possible to extend its period of validity?
Yes. Get in touch with the customer contact center at 514 868-3000.