The curator, the Insectarium staff and many researchers actively participate in taxonomical identification and review of certain insect groups in our scientific collections. Beyond identification work and contributions to the taxonomy of these groups, the Insectarium also collaborates with a number of public bodies, museums, universities and research centres to validate data and produce reports and scientific publications.
List of groups and taxa for which identification work has begun or is complete in our scientific collections.
- Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae – Canada
- Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cassidinae – All over the world
- Lepidoptera: Sphingidae – All over the world
- Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Rutelinae
- Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Dynastinae
- Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Lucanidae
- Lepidoptera: Papilionidae: genera Ornithoptera, Troides and Trogonoptera
- Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Brassolinae
- Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Morphinae
- Coleoptera: Lucanidae, genus Sphaenognathus
- Coleoptera: Lucanidae, genus Pycnosiphorus
- Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae, genera Phanaeus, Coprophanaeus and Sulcophanaeus
- Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae, genus Pelidnota
- Hemiptera: Cicadidae, Cercopidae, Membracidae – Canada
Endangered and vulnerable species in Québec
The collections team took part in the Government of Québec’s inventory, both for exotic species and for endangered and vulnerable species.
The list of endangered and vulnerable species in Québec can be consulted on the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs Web site.