Frequently asked questions
FAQ - Insectarium
Does the Insectarium accept insect donations?
The Insectarium accepts donations of insects as long as they correspond to the criteria of the scientific collection. By way of example, Québec’s entomological heritage, insects from the north or biogeographical areas bordering Québec and Canada, complementarity with other existing entomological collections belonging to our partners.
When will the Insectarium close for renovations?
On Monday, March 11, the Insectarium as we know it will be temporarily closed to the general public to start the Metamorphosis project, a spectacular architectural transformation that will expand its size by 68%.
When will the Insectarium reopen?
The transformed Insectarium will welcome back the public in the summer of 2021.
I bought a Passeport MTL or Passion Montréal package. Can I lose any benefit?
With these packages, you can visit the Insectarium until March 10. After the closing of the Insectarium, it will still be possible to visit the Jardin botanique.
I bought some tickets online (single or package tickets), and I didn’t make it to the Insectarium before it closed. What can I do with them?
Your ticket will remain valid to visit the Jardin botanique.
I was given some guest passes for the Jardin botanique and the Insectarium that I thought I’d use this summer. What can I do with them?
Guest passes holders for the Insectarium will have to visit the museum before it closes its doors to the general public, on March 11. Otherwise, unused tickets prior to the closing date will automatically be expired. The guest passes will still be valid to visit the Jardin botanique.
I bought a package including the Insectarium, before it closed. I didn’t use the Jardin botanique/Insectarium portion. Can I keep my ticket and use it once the Insectarium reopens or exchange it?
Packages including the Jardin botanique and the Insectarium are always valid for the Jardin botanique. Unfortunately, the Insectarium portion may not be used once it reopens in 2021.
What is happening with the privileges for members of the Friends of Montréal Insectarium while the museum is closed?
Except for the access to the Insectarium, all other benefits for the members of the Friends of Montréal Insectarium are still valid, including:
- Free admission to the Jardin botanique (including exhibition greenhouses)
- 15% discount at the Jardin botanique and Biodôme gift shops
- 15% discount at the Jardin botanique restaurants
- 10% discount at W.H. Perron (The discount is obtained by giving the number assigned to each organization)
- Discount at Discount Québec
- 5% additional discount on the best price offered at Via Rail. This discount is also applicable to 3 other people traveling with the member.
- Up to 15% discount at Choice Hotels
- 15% discount on the Riôtel Group's regular rate
- Invitations to exclusive members-only activities... and much more!