Frequently asked questions
FAQ - Biodôme
I bought a Passeport MTL or Passion Montréal package. Is it still valid for the Biodôme?
The Biodôme is not part of either of these packages for 2018.
I bought some tickets online (single or package tickets), and I didn’t make it to the Biodôme before it closed. What can I do with them?
A Biodôme ticket purchased online can be exchanged for a ticket to the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan or the Jardin botanique and Insectarium.
The same is true for a package bought online: the Biodôme portion can be exchanged for a ticket to the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan or the Jardin botanique and Insectarium.
I was given some complimentary tickets for the Biodôme that I thought I’d use before it closed. What can I do with them?
Your complimentary tickets are valid until the expiry date indicated on them.
I bought a package including the Biodôme, before it closed. I didn’t use the Biodôme portion. Can I keep my ticket and use it once the Biodôme reopens or exchange it?
You have two options:
- You can keep your ticket and use it once the Biodôme reopens in 2019, or
- You can exchange it for a ticket to the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan or the Jardin botanique and Insectarium and use it now.
It’s up to you!
Does the Biodôme accept animal donations?
The Biodôme de Montréal can, according to its needs and on a case-by-case basis, accept donations of live animals that are representative of its ecosystems : the Tropical Rainforest of America, the Laurentian Maple Forest, the Gulf of St. Lawrence, the Labrador Coasts and the subantarctic islands.
For donations of live and naturalized animals, contact us.
What’s happening with the privileges for members of the Société des Amis du Biodôme (SABM) while the museum is closed?
Here are the main privileges:
- Free admission to the Jardin botanique
- Exclusive members-only activities (SABM program)
- $50 off 2018 Space for Life day camp registration
- A discount on an adult membership
- Up to three discounts on a family membership
- Exclusive members-only activities (Friends of the Insectarium program)**
- Free use of lockers (Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan)
- 15% discount at the Sol Café at the Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan
- 15% discount at the Planétarium and Jardin botanique gift shops
For more information: https://sabm.ca/devenir-membre/
Will the Space for Life day camps at the Biodôme still be held in 2020?
Yes, the Biodôme team will be running day camps.
For more information: https://espacepourlavie.ca/en/day-camps-registration