Never allow your roses to dry out, particularly when they first start growing in spring and after the first bloom cycle. Installing an irrigation system is a good investment, as it reduces water consumption.
- A soaker hose keeps the leaves drier and prevents fungal diseases.
- If you plan to spray your plants with a hose, do it early in the morning so that the leaves will dry quickly.
- Do not water in full sun; the water will evaporate too quickly.
- Mulch the soil to reduce water loss.
- If there are no mulches, hoe regularly to keep the soil moist.